follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 18, 2008

    Speaking Life


    What kind of words do you speak to your spouse...

    What kind of words do you speak to your friends?

    One thing I keep finding myself falling short of, is treating those close to me with kindness and gentleness... Do I give my wife the patience she deserves... sometimes I do, but sometimes I don't.

    Why is that? Why do we hurt those closet to us the most?

    I want to treat everyone the way that I want to be treated. It starts today, it starts for me by thinking about "EVERYTHING" that I would say instantly, by pausing and thinking about the effects of those words before I speak them.

    I want to speak LIFE into others... Who have you hurt?

    For me, I need to go back and apologize to some people in grade school that I hurt... I defiantly did not speak life into them...

    Your words are powerful, do you want to build up or tear down?

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Good words.