follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 27, 2008

    Do you Really?


    How's your heart? What moves it... I don't mean cardio wise, and blood flow...

    But what moves you into action? What makes you want to see your friends and family who do not know Christ get to know Christ.

    Do you really want to lead people to become fully devoted followers of Christ? If so, it's not easy. If so, it means action, if so it means taking time for others.

    If so it means you take the focus off of yourself and off of the same old inward looking selfish motives and you start applying your mind and heart to outward thinking and action.

    One of the scariest prayers you can pray is to ask God to "use you" to actually use you. If you pray for God to use you... He will... and it won't always be fun. It will be uncomfortable, it can be scary. But to see your friends and family come to know Christ and have a life changing relationship with the God who gave it all for us... To me it's worth all the anxiety and fear that may be on our journey known as life.

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    I have really good intentions to talk to my friends who are not Christ followers, but I do often get nervous, or chicken out....but I have prayed that prayer for God to use me, and I know he is, I just have to listen when he tells me to do something.

    I know you prayed that prayer, Steve and now look at what God is doing...so dont ever get frustrated or feel like its not working, it will in God's timing, you asked, he answered now you just listen and obey!